When we moved we had to get rid of our cat and our dog...not so sad about the dog..the cat..very sad. We've had Sox..the cat, since Emmy was born. He is the sweetest cat ever. Well since we had to give two pets away, I told Maddy we could get two more to replace them...so we got hermit crabs!! We went on Tuesday after gymnastics to this cute little shop in the Deerbrook Mall called Earthbound Trading Co. They have all sorts of cool and interesting things. But we went in and Maddy picked out two crabs and a purple cage. One crab is purple and one is pink. After we bought them and were heading out to the car I asked her what she was going to name them? She automatically replies without thinking.."Julius."
"Julius huh? That's an interesting name...what about the other one...what's his name?" I ask.
"He's Grendal." she replies so matter of factly.
I was so taken by surprise. I asked her where she had heard these names and she said she didn't know...She came up with them by herself. So we have a pink Julius and a Purple Grendal. I love to watch Emmy watch them. She is so funny. She has no fear and always wants to touch them. Maddy often wonders if they are dead or why they won't wake up...they don't move much. We've also come to the conclusion that Grendal is friendly and Julius is shy. Julius does not come out of his shell for any reason when we are around. If it weren't for him pulling his legs in even farther when we pick him up...I would think he was dead.
I think I've been just as excited to have Julius and Grendal as Maddy and Emmy. I never had hermit crabs when I was younger and even though they don't interact like cats or dogs, I still love to see what they are going to do everytime I pull them out of their cage.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Two new additions to the family!!
Posted by Candace at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Cute. Issy got a fish for Easter. Kids love animals.
Cute! I thought you were going to announce that you were going to have twins! I bet the girls love them!
Post a Comment