Ok, so I'm getting farther and farther behind in my blogging...although I feel I've had good reason. The biggest news is that we've moved!! Yay! We felt it was time to let Mike and Lanie have free reign of their home once again and comfortably walk around in their underwear!! :) Have fun you guys! We have moved back over to the other side of town where we used to live and our old apartment complex is about 3 blocks from our new place. We like this side of town for many reasons.
1. We are closer to the temple.
2. We are closer to work.
3. We are closer to Mom and Dad.
4. We don't have to use the beltway and pay tolls.
We will miss Kingwood greatly...don't get me wrong.. we loved living there. It is a great area to live in and I would recommend it to anyone moving to the Houston area. Our ward was fantastic and our dear friends will be greatly missed. We do plan to visit.
Our new place is a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment on the 3rd floor. It is a brand new complex which has been open for only 7 months. It's great and spacious and I promise not to stand out on my balcony and point my fingers at anyone. :) The girls love having their own rooms...Maddy in particular. We are thrilled that there are no bugs. YAY!!! We still have a lot of boxes that have items that need to find homes in our new home...but anyone in the area is more than welcome to come and visit at anytime!! I will have pics soon...I still haven't found the box that contains the wires needed to get pics off my camera and onto the computer. Dang boxes.
Other happenings in our lives...Adam has a big blue cast on his right arm. This past Tuesday he braved the great flood waters and went downtown to school. As he was trying to get to the bus stop to come home, he attempted to walk down a hill in flip flops with loose gravel/rocks and fell. He caught himself with his right hand and broke the two little bones in his wrist connected to the Ulna. We visited the ER to make sure there wasn't something serious...they told him a bone in his hand looked funny (technical term don't you know). So they splinted his arm and gave him a script for pain meds ( not very good ones), the name and number of a specialist to go see and sent us on our way. Only 2 hours in the ER... not bad. He went to see the specialist and that's when they told him about the "funny" looking bone that was in fact broken and casted his arm. Now he's trying to find a creative way to get the blame thing off his arm... silly boy. He has to have it on for 4 weeks. Just 4 weeks!!! Compared to if he had a brace instead which would have to be on for 6-8weeks. Anyway, I think it's cute.
Let's see, other happenings ...Emmy is starting to talk up a storm. Most of the time she will look at you and say something in baby talk like she really knows what she's saying, so much so that you feel like you have to respond. We've started to just say random words to her and see if she'll repeat them. Most of them she will. This week she's said chocolate, purse, marshmallow, diaper, poop and I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting because it's 1:30 in the morning. She will lift her shirt or skirt if you ask her if she's poopy and say "poop?". She has also started to nod or shake her head when asked a yes or no question. She is our little monkey. She has started climbing on everything. Jeanne found her sitting on the toilet the other day. She's going to be the one we find sitting on top of the fridge looking for the cookies hiding up there. She'll climb anything. She is getting so big too fast. She is so lovey dovey. She loves giving kisses and hugs.
Maddy is gearing up for pre-school. She is excited to go to pre-school this fall. Now all mommy has to do is get her registered or at least find out how to go about doing that. We have been trying to get her ready. Working on learning to read and recognizing lower and upper case letters. Oh and counting past eleventeen. :) My favorite number. Maddy is loving gymnastics and went through her entire routine on the balance beam the other day for me in the kitchen. She keeps asking me when we are going to go to her new gymnastics place. Since we've moved everyone has something new...mommy has a new gym, we have a new wal-mart and a new library. Daddy has a new bus stop and so on. So Maddy wants to know where her new gymnastics place is. Ha, we aren't getting a new gymnastics place until we get our moneys worth out of the one we are currently attending...sorry baby girl. She was so funny while applying for apartments. Anytime we would go to a new apartment complex she would be sad because we weren't bringing her stuff. "Why do I have to leave it at Mike and Lanie's?" When we would get home she would gather her night light, her clock and some of her dolls and tells us that's what she was going to take to our new apartment. It took her until we actually got an apartment and started the moving process that she finally understood that we weren't leaving anything of hers behind. But then she was sad because we weren't going to be living with Mike and Lanie anymore. I never realized how hard moving was on kids. I moved once as a kid and I was 4. Maddy has moved 3 times in her short life... I can see how she would get confused. She is growing strong and more beautiful everyday. That should be enough for now...until I can get pics...there are somethings I just can't blog about with out pics. Until then...
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Time away
Posted by Candace at 1:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
You're life is very busy, but it's still nice to hear what's going on. Thanks for sharing.
A broken hand and a bunch of boxes is not a good combo!
Congrats on the new place. I hope you get settled soon. I always hate unpacking.
So sorry to hear about the hand blunder. Yikes- hope its a quick recovery.
I love eleventeen too. :)
wow you guys have been crazy busy! Congrats on the new place!
Post a Comment