Friday, March 13, 2009

Ok Seriously....

Ok so I'm sitting in bed...FINALLY warm on a Friday night when I'm supposed to be working. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy being home on Friday night with my family...But tonight draws the line. I'm tired of everyone being sick...including myself this time. This past Saturday Adam calls me at work and tells me yet again...Maddy is throwing up. Yay joy. Sunday she is ok, Monday she is ok. Tuesday...her tummy is a little upset ("I think I'm just hungry"). So she eats lunch and off we go to gymnastics. On the way home we stop at the State Farm office to drop off something and in the midst of talking to Joyce, the wonderful agent that she is, Maddy politely taps me on the arm and says, "Mommy I think I'm going to throw up." We promptly got up and ran outside where she threw up all over the front stoop. Yummy. I'm thinking great....I shared my water with her and Emmy shared her lunch. This is going to get fun. Wednesday nothing...Maddy is feeling much better. Thursday, nothing yet again. Friday, I go in to get Emmy out of bed and her hair is stiff. "Interesting," I think to myself and further investigate the issue. "She has a runny nose...It could just be snot." Then I flip on the light...and voila. Pile o' puke. Lovely. I get her cleaned up and change her bed when I start not feeling so well. Fun Fun Fun. I ended up cleaning Emmy's entire room so that when my Dad comes he has a decent place to sleep. Then I do wash and make lunch..chicken noodle soup. I have to lay down work is around the corner. I wake up at 5pm and feel awful, chills, headache, body ache really and nauseous. Can't call in, it's too late. Well long story short I ended up not throwing up, but having a fever of 100.7 under the arm so add a degree. Home I go. I load up on chicken noodle soup, saltines and gatorade at walmart on the way home. *Just in case* Hopefully if I do have to throw up...it's not two days from now. OH and I forgot to mention that Adam came home from work sick last Monday. So we all have had something...some even twice. I hope we don't pass it on to Mike and Lanie...i've been reading alot of other blogs and there is something going on. Someone has poisoned the atmosphere...I'm convinced. Everyone is sick. I hope all of those who are sick or have children that are sick feel better soon and if you find a way to get rid of it for good...share with the rest of us. I'm tired of being up to my elbows in puke.

3 comments:

Sarah Eve said...

Ooo... so sorry this is going on! I hope everyone in your family will be heathly and feeling good by the 19th!!!

Sommer said...

aw man I'm so sorry candace!!! Yuck! That is so not fun!!! hang in there!

Beckie said...

Hope you guys are feeling much better.