Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Busy week!!

So pics will be forth coming in a few days as soon as I can figure out how to get them on here. My mom and dad came out for Adam and I to get sealed. Dad came on Sunday after I was at work. Monday we just relaxed and had dinner at home, ribs, baked potatoes and bread...yummy! Tuesday, I went to the gym and had my step class and Adam and my Dad went to the temple and did a session. I met them after the session with the girls and we went to lunch and did some shopping. Adam and I then went to the temple for Chris's endowment. While we were waiting to go into the session Grandpa Mealey fell "asleep" and when it was time to go in we could not get him to wake up. Very scary. My first reaction was to lay him down on the floor just in case we had to do CPR. I felt for a pulse and it was faint...but he was breathing. Trying to get him to wake up I sternum rubbed him...twice with no response. As long as he was breathing we were ok...he started getting clammy and the temple workers came and took him down to first aid and called 911. When they got Grandpa down stairs and laid him down he came to. They think what happened was he had a reaction to his blood pressure meds and it dropped his heart rate and blood pressure. They took grandpa to the hospital and we went through the 8pm session with Chris. Mom got in at 8:46 and we ended up having to get someone else to pick her and Calvin and Grandma up from the airport. Thanks Wayne...you will have a cheese cake. It was a late but good night. Congrats Chris. Wednesday we were all supposed to go to the zoo. We got all the way down town only to find no parking and that there were 6,000 people at the zoo already. We ended up taking our lunch to UHD (University of Houston Downtown), Adam's school and ate lunch on the patio over looking the city of Houston. It was a beautiful day. After lunch we went shopping and then out to dinner to Pappasito's (the best mexican restaurant ever!!!) for half price fajita's. Yummy!!! Another late night. But lots of fun. Thursday was our big day. We woke up to lots and lots of fog. We got to the temple and it was a beautiful morning. Maddy and Emily looked beautiful all in white. Maddy was so excited to go to the temple. Emmy was good up until her part in the sealing. She did not want to hold our hands!! Thanks Uncle Chris for helping with her. We thank everyone who was able to be there to be apart of our big day. It was so nice to be in the temple with Adam. Very relaxing and soothing to just sit there as husband and wife. Thank you Michelle for the pics...I just need to get them saved to my computer and then on here for everyone to see. We were not able to get a family shot with all of us in white...I was disappointed...but we got so many other shots that it was ok. It was a great morning. Afterwards we all went out to lunch for chinese. Yummy. ( I sense a theme...) After lunch I had to go home and get things ready for dinner ....deviled eggs, peanut butter fudge... and take a nap. I was so tired. We ended up being an hour late for dinner....sorry everyone. Friday my mom woke up throwing up. (Oh yeah, Monday at dinner...Emmy threw up again.) Mom and Calvin and Grandma took Maddy and went to Beaumont to see Uncle Brian and Trace my cousin and his mom Gina. I took the day resting with my dad and Adam. I wasn't feeling well. Friday evening Adam had his softball games and we had soft pretzels. Mom and Calvin and Grandma got home safely from Beaumont...Calvin way to navigate through Houston!!! Saturday came way too soon. Dad left at 5am and Matt took mom and Calvin and Grandma to the airport at 7am. I still wasn't feeling well and called off work Saturday evening to get some rest, although Adam and I went to the temple together that night. Sunday we sang in Matt and Jeanne's ward with Maddy. It went really well.

I'm sad to see my family leave and the beautiful week come to an end, but at the same time I'm glad to have life go back to normal. I'm very happy to be a part of an eternal family and very grateful for the opportunity to see my beautiful girls in the temple.

8 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad things went really well. Congratulations again you guys.

Hizzeather said...

Congratulations!

BTW, If you ever need any technical help with pictures or your blog, call me! Adam has my number. Also, I can give your blog a face-lift, no problem. I'm pretty good at that sort of stuff. :)

Sarah Eve said...

We knew there'd be drama, but I'm so glad you all got through it! And better yet, found peace and had fun too! Congratultions on your eternal family :-)

Anja said...

how exciting for you guys, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations - can't wait to see the pictures. We were thinking of all of you on your special day. :)

Sommer said...

I'm so glad things went so well for you the day off, congrats, what a wonderful blessing!

Mindy B said...

YAY! Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics!

Beckie said...

Congrats! Wish I could have come! But glad that you had your family.