Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine playdate

Last Friday Maddy had one of her really good friends over for lunch and to make valentine cookies. Jessie and Maddy had so much fun. They had mac and cheese and hot dogs for lunch. Then we made sugar cookies from scratch and both girls helped. After they were done cooking we decorated them with candies and sprinkles and icing. I had a ton of fun helping the girls.

Maddy and Jessie getting ready to help.


Maddy and Jessie stirring the dry ingredients.


Sprinkled and ready to bake!



Decorating fun!!!



Maddy's cookies...more icing than cookie..the best way to do it!




Jessie's cookies...gotta love the chocolate!!



The mess left when you've been having fun!!

10 comments:

Mary said...

All the pictures are so cute and I love to decorate and eat cookies. Yum.

Beckie said...

How fun for Maddy with all the birthday celebrations and what a fun mom making cookies.

Sommer said...

sounds like great fun! I love your kitchen, it looks so nice!

Anja said...

those are sooo cute!

Gina Spidel said...

Maddy sure looks like you and you both love like your Mom. It is so fun seeing a little person of your Mom.
You have an adorable family!
Say Hi to your Mom for me.
Gina

Ashley said...

Yum! They look so good. I wish I could have one now! Looks like you had a lot of fun with the girls! I still can't get over how much Maddy looks like your side of the family!

ckw said...

Looks delicious! So glad we have blogs that we can keep in touch (kinda). Take care!

Sarah Eve said...

I love the updates on your blog!

P.S. Is it okay if Andrea and I come over at 9:45am tomorrow instead of 9am like we said? Eliza needed us to come earlier so I hope it's okay swapping times like that.

Sarah Eve said...

I love the updates on your blog!

P.S. Is it okay if Andrea and I come over at 9:45am tomorrow instead of 9am like we said? Eliza needed us to come earlier so I hope it's okay swapping times like that.

Sarah Eve said...

Oops.. lol, it published my comment twice! Just that much more love for ya ;-)