So my post this morning is brought about by a sweep of thoughts that took over me when I stepped out of the shower and saw a little blue box on my bathroom counter. This box is not fancy by any means. It is simply navy blue with gold lettering and I see it sitting on the counter everyday. So you wonder what this little blue box has to do with anything? You see that little blue box was given to me the weekend that I went through the temple 2 years and 3 months ago. It held a simple yet beautiful gift of two pearl earrings. I'm not talking about the ones you get at Claire's. These are real. Real, beautiful, white pearls that I wear always when I go to the temple. As I stood there looking at this box remembering the exact moment it was given to me, the thought crossed my mind that maybe I had never thanked my friend for giving it to me. Then I was over come with the thoughts of all the other things this wonderful friend has given me and wondered if I had ever thanked her for all the things she has done and given. I'm sure I said thank you at the time, but how shameful that a more sincere thank you was never offered. So this post is offered as my deep gratitude to my friend Beckie.
Beckie, thank you. For your friendship when it was not deserved. Thank you for thinking of me in the littlest moments. Thank you for generously offering paid in full airfare for me to visit my family with Maddy when she was a baby. Thank you for all that you inspire. You are a wonderful mother. You have so much fun with your kids and put so much time into doing things with them. You are awesome. You offer your help to anyone who needs it and are the busiest woman I know. I often wonder at your energy and where it comes from. I also wonder at your strength. After all that you have been through with miscarriages and pain, you carried on like the trooper you are and got through. Having a baby when your husband was gone for a year...you are a beacon of strength. I don't know how you do it sometimes. I'm glad that you do, there is hope for me yet. :) Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU!
I am so lucky to have friends like I do. I don't deserve you. I'm a horrible friend. But I'm glad that you stick around and love me still the same. It is enough to know that I am loved.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Ode to Beckie
Posted by Candace at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That was very sweet! I agree with you... Beckie is a great person, just like you!
Thanks so much for all the sweet and loving thoughts. I have treasured our friendship over the years and glad we have shared so many milestones. I pray we can visit face to face again soon. All my love!
Post a Comment