Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Holiday and such...

Wow, I can't believe it's been two plus weeks since I've last blogged. Well....let's get started. The last few weeks have been filled with fun. Maddy was so looking forward to Halloween. She decided last minute she would be a ghost ( or as she called herself a ghosty ). I, to my husbands great pleasure, used my sewing machine for the second time since I got it for christmas last year. I took a pillow case and sewed a head hole and two arm holes and was very excited with myself. Maddy was so cute.
Emmy was a Texans cheerleader and I made her pompoms. I in no way will I ever encourage my girls to be cheerleaders....but the outfit was modest and just her size...we couldn't resist. Adam was a football fan/player? He couldn't decide. But he looked great. And of course he was the only one I didn't get pictures of. Grr. I was a nurse...how original I know. We went to our wards fall carnival last Wednesday and I had to work afterwards...so I just went in my scrubs. Mike and Lanie were Abraham and Sarah. They looked great in their official Middle Eastern garb.
Maddy had a lot of fun. She loved having her face painted...that really surprised me. Halloween night Mike and Lanie took the girls out trick or treating and Lanie told me that Maddy would go up to every door and say, "BOO!" and when anyone would act scared...she would reply.."Oh no! I'm a friendly ghost!" To cute. Then when it was time to go Lanie would ask, "What do you say?" and Maddy would say "Trick or Treat!" Hopefully somewhere in there she said thank you...we do teach manners in our home. Emmy was too tired and only made it a block or two before Mike turned around and took her home.
Adam and I were able to take the opportunity to go back home to Pennsylvania for a few days. It was an early anniversary trip. We had our ten year reunion this year which we didn't really go to the official reunion...we had one of our own. Adam had a group of guys that hung out and were in the musicals together in high school so we got together with all of them and their wives. Thanks to Chera and Josh for letting us use their home and having GREAT soups!! It was awesome!! Sorry to Alivia for keeping her awake so late. We miss you guys! We had such a great time. I got to see all the leaves changing colors before they all fell off the trees. Sorry Sarah, I forgot to take the camera so I didn't get any pictures. I was so homesick for fall...It was great to get home and see family and friends even if it was for 2 days. We had fun going to a high school football game and getting escorted out of the bleachers!! The opposing team didn't appreciate us sitting on their side cheering for our team...which won by the way. GO BULLDOGS!!!! Taylor had a guy offer to punch out his teeth, and the police (security?) came to talk to us. We ended up getting escorted out with 3 minutes left in the game. They tolerated us for that long I don't know why they couldn't for the rest...sore losers I suppose. It was fun to see the faces of the people and cheerleaders as they realized we were not Littlestown fans. All in all, we all kept our teeth and had a fun time. I love high school football games. I really miss seeing my brothers play.
And onto other big things...Emmy offically has teeth. They broke through last Monday October 27th. She has two on the bottom in the middle and one on the top. I can't get any decent pictures of them so that will have to come later.. but she sure does look cute. She will be eleven months on the 7th. I can't believe my baby is going to be 1!! My how time does fly.

me and my girls

Emmy and all of her cuteness....she didn't have much fun..but she did look cute!

Maddy waiting in line to play the games!

Mike and Lanie...don't they look great!

7 comments:

Mindy B said...

Your girls look so cute Candace!! I love their costumes, great job! Miss ya tons!

Beckie said...

I love the girls costumes! I just love the opportunity church provides for the fall festivals. It made me happy that I didn't have to go official trick or treating Friday night!

Unknown said...

I love Maddy's trick or treat story!! It is so cute the things kids say!

Sommer said...

I was wondering what happened to you. SOunds like you've been busy. Great job on the costumes, your girls are darling.

ckw said...

What cute pics! It was SO fun to have you guys over along with everyone else- we need to do that more often. Thanks again for making the trip. We'll do it again- next time bring the little ones too- if you like. :) Take care!

Sarah Eve said...

Too bad you didn't get pictures of the fall leaves. I guess I'll just have to get over it ;-) Glad you had fun on your trip!

Your girls are absolutely adorable!

This is me.... Kristen said...

Cute Halloween kids! And VERY cute Abraham!! I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see Adam in costume! :( Looks like you had a great time.