Wow, it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged...hmm. In my defense I've been out of town. We went to Pa for a week over the 4th. We had lots of fun. We had our family reunion which went better than I had thought. ALL of my cousins on my dad's side were there. We haven't all been together in about 11 years. It was so nice to see all of them. And all of my family were together which hasn't happened in about 2 years since Jason and Dan left for their missions. We had all of us plus one new member of the family. My mom got remarried in Feb to Calvin and he finally made it to the states. We were still minus one..Jason's wife, Anya. She will be joining us here in the states soon too from Russia. Can't wait to meet her!! Both of my uncles were there and my Aunt and her new husband were there too. (she was once married to one of my uncle's) I thought it would be a little uncomfortable but everyone got along fine, it was great. I was sad that my grandpa wasn't there..I miss him. After the picnic with lots of yummy food we went and watched the fireworks minus Maddy and Adam. (Maddy doesn't like the loud noise) As for the rest of the week..I helped my dad clean out some of my grandpa's stuff. Adam had his birthday on the 5th, aside from only two or three family members wishing him a Happy Birthday and the threat of rain...he had a good day. He went to the range with a friend and brought a target home with most of the middle missing because he is a great shot. It's got him thinking about guns now...we've talked about getting a gun...but now it's a priority! Then later in the evening I joined him and two of his good friends at a baseball game. Go York Revs!! It was a great game...we won!! And more fireworks! We got to visit friends and family, it was great to see everyone again. Adam really liked being able to speak or at least listen and understand Russian again. Jason had two friends from Russia, who are living in New York right now, come down for the weekend. It was very interesting when I was playing cards with the four of them and couldn't understand what they were saying and didn't know how to play cause they forgot I didn't understand. But I still won!!! ha. But it was good. I got to spend time and talk to my sisters about what's going on at home. I think I was the instigator of some feelings, but it was good to talk to them and find out how they feel and let them know how I feel. We went to church on Sunday and got asked alot about us staying. Unfortunately we had to inform them that we were only up for a visit. We had a lot of people looking forward to us staying...more than I thought. I got to go visit Beckie and her cute family and see her beautiful house. She has some great plans for it and I can't wait to see it again when she's done. It's so cute. Congrats again on your house Beckie!!
I will have pics soon to show the fun we had. Love you all!!
Monday, July 14, 2008
summer vacation
Posted by Candace at 12:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
glad y'all had such a good trip and that the family all got together and it went well. Tell Adam, David can certainly understand the 'need' for a gun, or maybe several guns... :)
Sounds like so much fun!! Glad you had a good trip!
Post a Comment