Saturday, July 19, 2008

moving and other ramblings...blah blah

Ok, so Adam and I started moving this week and it is taking forever! Well today we had a ton of help from three favorite men in my life. Thanks so much to Dad and Chris and Mike (who was a trooper with a possibly broken hand). They went over to the apartment with Adam today and packed up all the big stuff in a trailer and came to the house and unpacked it. Mom and Lanie were great with watching the girls and I had the hard task of sleeping most of the day. Darn that working nights. :) But seriously...We are grateful for all the help today, we couldn't have done it with out them.
This moving thing has been so stressful. If I never have to move again that would be great!! Mike and Lanie may feel differently about that... :)
It seems that moving this time is taking a bigger toll on me than usual. I'm not so sure really though that it's the moving...I think it's adding stress to something already there. What's there? I don't even know for sure myself. I feel so out of sorts. I don't feel like myself, I feel so angry all the time. I feel that the smallest thing will set me off and it's not just grr...I'm angry. It's RRRRAAAAHHHH I'M SO FLIPPING MAD!!!! I hate feeling this way and my poor kids (ie Maddy) gets the brunt of it. Maddy is constantly asking,"Mommy are you mad?" That's when you know you have a problem. I know all the answers (ha ha) there are to deal with or change the way I feel and I have tried or am still trying. I guess it will just take time. There is one thing that I just don't know how to deal with. I try and I try...I'm just not there yet. Most of my problem is forgiving I guess. By the way if you are reading this, I'm just trying to figure out what's in my head and this is the rambling...you can tune out now if you want. If it is so important to forgive...why is it so hard to do sometimes. Why can't the important stuff be easy...i know i know...we wouldn't learn. Anyway, what I really need to do is learn to not let this one thing affect my happiness, because that is what I'm so upset about in the first place. Isn't funny how things come full circle to bite you in the tush. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Just let it all go...

5 comments:

Biz said...

Two things. First, I love you and I'm, of course, missing you thinking you could use a good game of Mall Madness.

Second, the anger thing, everyone goes through it. It's generally some dead weight you're dragging. A job, a friend, something at church. But this much I know.

Seriously, take 5 minutes a day to breathe. When the kids are asleep. Before you go to bed. In the shower. Actually THINK ABOUT the breathing. It makes the world of difference.

(Ha! You thought I was going to say pray. Who feels like praying when the entire world is pissing you off? Feel me?)

Oh yeah... again, I love you.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Moving is VERY stressful overall... that is why it is one of the major life stresses we can experience. I am there right now with the whole stress of moving, feeling out of sorts, not feeling like life is happy at times even though I know I should be grateful for my blessings, and knowing eventually I'll feel "at home." But it's plain hard bottom line. And lots will change for you but know you are surrounded by people who love you and you have friends who are thinking of you...

Beckie said...

Sorry it has been rough moving. I totally feel for you. Now that I am moved the renovation begins.

Dusty said...

Hey Candace... How are you?? Your family is so cute.... I was surprised to see your comment.... send me your email so we can keep in touch...

Lammy said...

(((BIGHUGSS)))))