Sunday, June 21, 2009

Utah trip!!

This post is not going to be very interesting to most...there will be no pics...I like a dolt didn't really take any while on vacation....yay me. We were blessed to be able to go to Utah this year for Chris's wedding to Brittany!! Yay for new sisters! It started off with Maddy leaving with Gma and Grandpoohbah at 4am on Friday the 5th of June. I had to work the weekend and then Emmy and I flew out on Tuesday the 9th. Susie picked us up from the airport...it was so good to see her!! We stayed up until 4:30am talking. Wednesday we got up and met up with our friend Anja and her kids for lunch. We met her in Lehi and grabbed Subway. Then we went to a park to play and it was freezing by the time we got there....a storm blew in just as we pulled up to the park. Although it never did rain...just got cloudy and cold. It was a very nice change from Texas weather. Matt and Jeanne met up with us there too so that they could drop off Maddy (whom I hadn't seen in almost a week!!) and see Sus and Anja. After the park Sus had to go to the airport to pick up her sister in law who was returning home from her mission and I tagged along with my girls. We had dinner at her sister in law's Heather. Thanks for the yummy food!! Lots of fun. Maddy had a ton of fun playing with Tyson and TJ. Emmy actually played very well with Talia! Cute Cute kids. Thursday we got up and went to lunch at the Creamery on 9th with my brother Dan. It was so good to see him too. I did get a few pics of him...I'll add them later. It's so weird to think that he's been home from his mission for a year and going to BYU. I'm getting old!! Then Sus had to drive me up to South Jordan where we met up with the rest of the fam..minus Adam..to get ready for the Oquirrh Temple open house. It is beautiful. The temple is huge compared to the Houston temple. Ok not really huge...but bigger. Very very beautiful. After the open house we got the kids ready for bed and had dinner. Adam flew in that night, he had summer classes that he couldn't miss. Then all the girls went out for a night on the town...we went to the movies and saw "My Life in Ruins" Not too bad...very funny. Friday morning we got up early and went to Salt Lake City to do a session in the temple. My first live session, Adam's too. It was very nice to have everyone in the temple together Adam, Me, Matt, Jeanne, Chris, Brittany and her parents, Leslie, Erin and Rob and Michelle and Skip. Very peaceful...other than the fact that they made me take off my pearl necklace because it was distracting...but then this woman walked in to the session with a HUGE bright, florescent, yellow watch...nothing was said to her....hmm. But the session went well and I learned something that I hadn't realized before. After our session we were given the opportunity to do sealings with Chris and Brittany. It was something else. Very moving and very spiritual. The sealings we did were for couples from Italy. The family was there to assist also. Adam and I were standing in for parents to have their daughter sealed to them...it felt very familiar. It was fun to do this with Chris and Brittany the day before their wedding. After the temple we went to Hires for lunch!!! Yummy hamburgers and root beer!! After lunch, Adam and I took the girls and Mike to Bountiful to meet Uncle Craig. We visited for a little while and then we left the girls with Aunt Dawn and headed up the mountain to shoot. Cousins Malory and Samantha came with us. We had a blast.... :) We took turns shooting at clay targets...a game called Annie Oakley. I experienced shooting with a 12 and a 20 gauge..not very well I might add...but I didn't fall on my butt! Then we changed from shotguns to handguns. Adam shot Uncle Craigs 45 and did very well. It was one of our most favorite things on the trip. It was alot of fun. We didn't get home till about 9pm. Thanks to Aunt Dawn for watching the girls. :) Saturday was the Wedding!! VERY beautiful. The sealing was very good with lots of good advice. Brittany looked lovely and Chris looked great. Erin got lots of great pics. The open house was after that and Matt, Mike Chris and Adam did a wonderful job singing "I'm Peanut Butter and You Are Jelly". A very good time had by all. Maddy looked beautiful in her flower girl dress...yet again...no pics. I do have some from the reception we just had yesterday. Saturday night was spent playing games and having fun before everyone had to go home. We had lots of fun crammed into a few days. We wouldn't have done it any other way. Thanks to Leslie and her family for putting us up and watching the girls during the wedding and other times during the week. We couldn't have done it without you guys!! We love each and every one of you, very much. It was so good to see family again and meet new family as well. Sunday we had a very hard time leaving. Of the 7 hours we were either flying or laying over before flying again...Emmy only slept 1 hour...it made for a very tired and irritable baby. Driving is better for our family. We will be sure to make time for another summer vacation to Utah again soon!!

7 comments:

Angie said...

We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house while there too! I can't believe we were in ths same vicinity! We were staying just 10 miutes from the temple! Would have been awesome to see you guys and the Mealeys!

Anja said...

I'm so glad we got to see each other! I wish we lived closer!

Susie-Q said...

I had so much fun with you and your girls! Yay for 4:30 in the morning! Will we ever grow up? I hope not ( especially since we will be 25 forever!!) Loves Baby!!

trevor and keesa said...

We're sad that we missed seeing you guys...I'm your cousin by the way...we still have yet to meet!! My hubby had to work and we couldn't make it to the wedding. We did get to meet your maddy, and she met OUR madi!! Tell Adam I love and miss him!!

Ashley said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm so jealous! I miss Utah!

Beckie said...

How fun. I am so glad you guys got to get together and a little jealous I wasn't there. Miss you.

Brittany said...

Susie as in Susie Livermore and Anja as in Anja Ferrin??!!! Soooo jealous!! What fun! And to think you were just blocks from where I live in Salt Lake! This will never happen again, Candace Mealey! Sounds like you had a very choice vacation...I love the live sessions...they are my fave!