Thursday, June 18, 2009

A funny Maddy

This past weekend we were able to attend Chris and Brittany's wedding in Utah. As part of the reception/open house, Chris got together Adam, Mike and Dad to sing Barbershop style a cute song "Peanut Butter and Jelly". It is really cute and part of the song goes like this...

You're so sweet and I am chunky, You're low fat and I'm working on that.
I'm peanut butter and you are jelly, and we're so happy on our little piece of bread.

We've been singing it for weeks now...it's really catchy and very cute. Well tonight after prayers I had Maddy come sit with me for a moment. I had a bad day with her...very frustrated and impatient. I apologized for my behavior and started crying. I told her that I really do love her and that she is so sweet.

She whispered something that I couldn't hear and asked her to say it again. She looks at me and says, "Mom I said, You are chunky". All I could do was laugh.

My sweet maddoo. I love you so much. Thank you for being you!!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

I could just squeeze that little girl!!! And you're not chunky now that you lost that weight...hahaha.
You are smooth peanut butter now.

Angie said...

I was in Utah last week too! But I left 9 days ago. How long were you there?

Biz said...

My friends wrote that song. When I was in college their band wrote it and they were constantly performing it everywhere.

I even had the opportunity to stand in as a guitarist for one of their performances of it one night at a concert.

Sommer said...

awww that is so sweet! I understand how you feel about those kinds of bad days, I had one today.

Sarah Eve said...

LOL! Oh, that Maddy!