So as parents of two girls...we worry about the future. Adam and I have started early telling Maddy the facts of life. It really took off when I was prego with Emmy and she kept talking about having a baby. We seized the opportunity to explain that you can have a baby after you get married in the temple (when you are 32!!). Adam and I have also talked/kidded about encouraging her to run away to the temple or elope to the temple and we would have a huge family picnic for her reception. She loved that idea because she loves picnics. Well. This morning as I finished my shower I had to get some garments out of the wash basket sitting next to the bed where she was lying watching a movie on the computer. When I pulled out a pair she asked me what I was doing, to which I replied, " what does it look like I'm doing?"
" Getting some garments?? Why do you have to have garments?"
"When you go to the temple you make covenants with Heavenly Father and you wear garments to protect your body." I tell her.
"Oh, When I get old like you mommy I'm going to go to the temple and get married and wear garments and wear my wedding dress until I have a baby and then I'm going to have a picnic because I love picnics. Can we have a square blanket to keep the bugs away mommy?" is her reply, a very excited reply I might add.
At least I know she is listening to me and taking in what I say.
I just can't help but smile.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
talking about the future
Posted by Candace at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
ROFL!!! That is the cutest ever! Such a smart girl! And I love how you're encouraging her to elope to the temple ;-)
that's so cute. some of the details are a bit fuzzy there, but i'm sure it'll work out.
How sweet. Issy is starting to piece things together finally. Now if I could only get him to sing.
I love the picnic idea. I hope she really does that. Where was Spencer in that dialogue? Does she know our plan yet for them?! ;)
Hi Candace!!! How the heck are you? I didn't know you had a blog, yay, isn't it so fun! Your little girls are darling! I love your blog. I'm excited to get to keep intouch with you this way.
Post a Comment