Maddy has this dress that she calls her Giselle dress..as in Giselle from the movie Enchanted. It's a dress that a friend of ours found and gave to Maddy for dress up. She looks so cute in it. Well the other day she was wanting to watch a movie so I told her to pick one. She grabbed Enchanted and said that was the one she wanted. (She had her dress on at the time) She wanted to dance like Giselle and look like her...so she pulled the sleeves of her dress down off her shoulders. I looked at her and said,"Oh no, we don't wear our clothes like that. We leave our sleeves on our shoulders." She looks at me and with this look says," But mom I like it like that. I want to wear my dress like Giselle!"
"You can wear your Giselle dress, you just have to keep the sleeves up on your shoulders," I reply.
"No mom like this!" she says pointing to the cover of the box.
When I repeat a third time that we don't dress like that she stuck out her bottom lip and shoved the movie back on to the shelf. Slowly she hangs her head and walks to her room to pout. It was really cute. I hate that Disney movies geared towards families and kids are condoning immoral dress. It really is a pet peeve of mine. Adam and I were talking about it last night and starting to realize just what we are really going to be going through. Yay for us. I really want boys now!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Sad and dejected...
Posted by Candace at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
What a princess! I love that she has her chin up and hand turned up... so pretty!
Post a Comment