Monday, May 19, 2008

The floor is talking!!

Here's the latest about Maddy. I came home from work yesterday morning and Maddy was awake wondering around the house still in her sleepy haze. I was on the couch eating my cereal before going to bed and Maddy starts yelling,"I have to pee pee, I have to pee pee!!!" So I tell her to go to the bathroom...I hear her turn on the light in the bathroom...then nothing...still nothing...still nothing. I finish eating my cereal and decide to see what's going on. I walk into the bathroom and discover Maddy standing in the middle of a puddle of pee pee. JOY. She immediately starts saying she had an accident and she's really really sorry. I calmly ask her,"what are you supposed to do when you have an accident?"
Maddy-"Go in the potty?"
Me-"Well yes, but what are you supposed to do when you have an accident on the floor? Are you supposed to tell mommy and daddy?"
Ma-"yes. I'm sorry mommy."

I then put her in the tub and proceed to clean up the floor. I get Emmy and take her into my room and lay down to feed her, informing Adam that Maddy had an accident and is in the tub. 10 minutes later I faintly hear her yelling that she is done and wake up Adam to get her out. Adam brings her into our room all fresh and clean and lays her down with us and says,"so mommy tells me you had and accident."
Maddy-"Yes, my pee pee said it couldn't stay inside any more and had to come out."
Daddy-"Oh really?"
Maddy-"Yeah, and the floor said that it was my toilet."
At this point I was laughing. I never knew my floor could talk.

3 comments:

Anja said...

That is soo cute!

Beckie said...

A story that will be infamous as she ages.

Biz said...

Dude my bed talks to me. It beckons me to it almost every minute of the day and especially in the mornings. It tells me I should never leave it.