Monday, April 12, 2010

And the world goes on....

So I'm now 7 weeks and 4 days along and puking my guts up. yay. It started 2 weeks ago and I am reminded what I don't like about being pregnant. This is basically it..the first 4 months of puking after that it's not so bad. So things around our house have been pretty laid back. I lay around on the couch or bed and the girls...poor things..watch tv. I've had a wonderful friend that I can't say thank you enough to, come clean my house, feed my kids, wash my dishes and run to the pharmacy to get my anti nausea medication (which doesn't really work) ...I don't know what I would have done with out her!! Thank you Kelly!!

Maddy got the results back from her cholesterol check and apparently they were bad because we have to go back for another recheck in 4-6 weeks. She has to be on a low fat, low cholesterol diet with more excercise in the mean time....do poptarts count in that diet...that's about all she's been eating lately because I haven't been making dinner. She also has a recheck on her ears this week. Hopefully she passes that because if not, surgery is in her future. It's only tubes...but it's still surgery.
Maddy got her report card from school this passed week and everything is perfect...there isn't anything she could have gotten better. She is very bored in her Pre-K class and hates getting up in the morning. But I know that she loves her teacher, Mrs. Killalea. She is doing very well and has come along way from the beginning of the year.

Emmy is getting over being sick. Poor thing was throwing up from Saturday night to Tuesday afternoon and had a bloody bum. She is so sweet. We got lots of cuddle time in this past week. Everyday when I get out of bed she asks,"Momma you feel better?" if I say yes she runs around the house yelling " Momma feel better, momma feel better!" if I answer no, she asks until I say yes. She doesn't quite know what's going on with Mommy throwing up all the time and loves to hug and kiss me to help me feel better. :)

Adam has been busy with baseball games and work. And last weekend he was on puke clean up duty. He also found out this week that he will not be able to be an assistant coach next year for the baseball team...but there are other options out there. So we are looking forward to what the future holds on Adam's coaching career!

That's about all with our news...nothing new really or exciting. But hey, that's what you get with us.

We are glad that spring is finally here and the warm beautiful weather has arrived. Maddy and Emmy planted flowers again for the balcony. We will try to keep up on those as they bloom. I love to see all the green...the trees, grass and the flowers. It's like the earth has come out of a deep depression.

I must write about something that happened the other day. I was in a hurry to get the girls to Kingwood to spend time with their favorite Aunt Lanie and Uncle Mikey, and was slightly stressed and not feeling well. As I pulled up to a red light, I looked to my left as another car pulled to a stop. In the front passenger seat of this car sat a girl maybe 8 or 9. I looked at her and kinda smiled and she in return gave me a HUGE smile. I couldn't help but smile after that. My heart felt warm and it brought tears to my eyes. A simple thing. A smile. The following morning on my way home from work after a semi rough night at work, I spotted a rainbow. These two things, bring a smile to my face everytime I think about them. And lately, I've needed lots of smiles. My Father in Heaven loves me, this I know. He knows what I'm going through and how hard it is on me. If that's all I have to get me through this...it will be enough.

1 comments:

We Three Queens said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I never experienced nausea to that degree while pregnant. I did, however, experience it when I was in the hospital during my second stay. I have a healthy respect for what folks go through now. It was positively terrible. It took 2 different IV anti-nausea drugs to get the vomiting under control once the nausea hit. I had 12 hours of it one day and maybe 6 the next. I NEVER want to go through that again.

My prayers will be with you and the family. You've got your hands full and need all the blessings you can receive.