Saturday, October 10, 2009

One CRAZY week!

This week was a crazy one.
Jeanne called me last Sunday at work around 11pm to tell me that Maddy woke up with croup and was freaking out because she couldn't be breathe. So I knew that Maddy wouldn't be going to school, and Jeanne was so nice to keep the girls anyway so I could get some sleep Monday. So Maddy stayed home Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday Maddy went back to school but came home exhausted and probably was not ready to go back. While Maddy was back at school I took the opportunity to go grocery shopping with just Emmy (who has had a runny nose for a week and is teething)....big mistake. The entire time she screamed and cried, for 1 1/2 hours (minus the 15 mins she was eating a poptart). We came home and she went straight to bed at 11am and didn't wake up until 1:30. She obviously wasn't feeling well. Wednesday night we went to feed the ducks at the park to get out of the house and do something fun. Maddy and Emmy got quite a few bug bites, since you know, the weather has been humid and in the 90's all week. Emmy got a particularly nasty bite next to her right eye


And by the time we got home it was so swollen it kinda freaked me out.

I put the girls to bed and thought it would all be well in the morning....Ha!

Thursday morning I got Emmy up and her right eye was swollen shut.

Trying to see the TV!

Poor baby, and it itched like crazy. I called Jeanne in a panic wondering what to give her. Then I called the doctor for dosaging for Benadryl. I called the dr. at 8am and they didn't get back to me until 11:30. I wasn't about to let her suffer much longer after I had called so I took matters into my own hands. I ended up giving her children's Zyrtec which took care of the itching and the swelling within 1/2 hour. The Zyrtec was the only medicine that gave dosages for 2 year olds. I kept Maddy home that day and we went to Old MacDonalds farm for some fun. We bought a bag of feed so the girls could feed the animals. Emmy loved it. I thought she would freak, but she couldn't get the feed back in her hand fast enough. She walked right into a pen of baby goats and started petting and feeding them. She surprises me everyday. We got to ride the train and have a picnic lunch. Maddy and Emmy rode a pony together. We had a lot of fun. It was very hot and by the time it was time to go home Maddy was having a melt down. We picked out our pumpkins tried to take pics and left. We all went home and CRASHED. We napped until 4 pm and then I had class. Major math exam # 2. I feel like I did ok...but we'll see on Tuesday. Adam and I watched the awesome episode of The Office and went to bed.
Friday morning I woke up to a "thud" and Emmy screaming. I walk out into the living room and blood is running down Emmy's face. Maddy's yelling "I think she broke her nose!" But the blood was coming from her mouth. I thought maybe she busted out her teeth. No. She whacked her face right below the nose and above her upper lip on the arm of the couch where there was little padding. The result...the little piece of skin that attaches the upper lip to the gums..was completely severed. So for the second day in a row I call Jeanne in a panic. Together we decided that there wasn't anything the dr. could do for Emmy and I would just have to watch her. Emmy did great! I was worried she wouldn't want to eat anything but she ate all day long. Poptarts, bagels, mac and cheese, pretzels and more! She was cuddly all day which is totally different from most of the other days this week. So Emmy had a messed up eye and a fat lip....I really don't abuse my kids. Really....

So Friday started my work week and I am now trying to study for my medical terminology quiz due Sunday by midnight. But I had to blog...I promised.

I love my crazy life. I wouldn't want it any other way. Adam is working, I'm working and we are making ends meet. I get to stay home with my kids during the week and Adam has them on the weekends. I don't have to pay for daycare. I get to go back to school and Adam will graduate this December. Life is great.

I'm sorry if this post is jumpy and not put together very well. Next week will be better. Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

I love your promise to blog once a week - it is great to feel caught up on what is going on in your lives!!! Sounds like things are crazy but good! :)

Sommer said...

Aww man sick kids are the worst, throw in all those injury's on top of it.... not fun! I'm glad to see you made the best of it and had fun anyways. You are a good, fun mommy!

Beckie said...

What a crazy week! I hope your babies get better. I am hauling all three in for shots today :(