Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow!!

So Houston got snow today for the first time in 4 years (it kinda snowed here the first year we moved.) It was so exciting and Maddy was loving it. She has been asking for snow for weeks now. The funny part was that yesterday it was 80 degrees all day starting at 9am and then we woke up this morning to 35 degree weather at 10am. Talk about day and night. Around 3pm it started to kind of sleet and then around 6pm it really let loose with huge flakes. I found it hilarious that while we were out to eat I overheard the woman behind me say "Wow it's really bad out there we need to go!" There is less than 1 inch of snow and none of it is laying on the streets or sidewalks. Only in Texas! I'm surprised there wasn't a run on bread and toilet paper in the stores. That I suppose is only in Pa! Anyway, Maddy had fun in her hat and sweater that Poppy got her from Sweden. All Emmy knew was that it was cold outside...
Now I feel like putting up some Christmas decorations. :)

This is what it looked like at 5 pm didn't look like it was going to amount to much...


Emmy inspecting the snow


Emmy and daddy


Maddy and her COLD snowball from Uncle Mikey!


Maddy with her tongue out trying to catch the snow


The snow girls!

8 comments:

Mary said...

So cute. I love how excited kids get about snow. I love snow.

Biz said...

I read about it on the news. I can't believe it. You're a heartbeat away from hot chocolate.

Mindy B said...

Lol! I love how that lady was saying it was bad out there, that's hilarious! How fun for the girls to go play in the little bit of snow... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some flakes here in Vegas this next week!! :) Miss ya!

Sarah Eve said...

The snow was so much fun! We don't even get snow in Virginia this time of year, so Joshua and I were really caught by surprise to see it in Texas! It definitely got us in the Christmas spirit though. Looks like your whole family had a blast :-) And yes, I'm very glad you took pictures.

Sommer said...

Man Maddy looks so much like you!

Ashley said...

I heard that you got snow down there! FUN! We are supposed to get a lot this weekend. Do you have any plans to visit PA soon?

Beckie said...

How fun for the snow. I can't believe how big the girls are getting. Wish we could catch up soon.

Sommer said...

How cool is that!!! What cute picatures and what a cute family!