Monday, March 1, 2010

Babies

I was taking my pre-natal vitamins today and Maddy asked me what they were for. I told her that they help Mommy get ready to have a baby. She thought I said that I was going to have a baby and got very excited. I asked her if she would be excited to be a big sister again and she replied with a loud yes! But she wants a baby brother. I asked her, " What happens if you get another sister?" She gets a sad face and says, "Then I will give it away. I'll give it to someone else who doesn't have one and you can take more pills and then it will be a baby brother." Hmmmm.


5 mins later she comes out of her room saying she's going to have a baby. She lays down on the floor with blanket on top of her and a baby hiding under the blanket. This is how the rest of the conversation went.

Mom: Do you know where babies come from?
Maddy: From our tummies.
Mom: How do they come out?
Maddy: They get cut out of us.


So I'm happy to know that part our "talks" have been taken care of this morning....I really don't look forward to the how do babies get in our tummies...but we'll take it as it comes.

4 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that's hysterical! she is too cute. :)

nicole said...

sooo funny... I watch a little three year old girl a couple days a week and the other day we were talking about how my tummy was getting big because there was a baby in there and she looked at me and said "oh, you ate it?" I about fell over.. then explained no.. thats just where a baby grows in its mommy's tummy...I left the rest to her mom..

Candace said...

LOL Nicole!! I think I would have fallen over!! They are too cute these precious little things we grow and take care of!

Mindy B said...

Your Maddy is too funny! Lexi was asking me how the baby comes out and I told her the doctor gets it out... I should have just told her cuz she ended up learning exactly how from someone at school. Silly kiddos. Miss ya!