So, Adam had spring break this week and we decided to go to the zoo on Thursday. It was a lot of fun. Maddy was so excited to go and I was excited to take her. I haven't been to a zoo in about 20 years so this was fun for me. Pics will be following soon. I can't add pics when I blog at work, but why not use the time wisely :) We left the house around 9am and got there around 9:45 and the day could not have been more perfect. It was sunny and not a cloud in the sky with a temp of 72 as the high. When I say perfect...I mean perfect. Maddy was so excited to see the bats. Not so thrilled with the spiders and snakes on the way to see the bats...but she loved them. We saw many many interesting birds and prairie dogs and Llamas. We also saw Mac the baby elephant, the giraffes and the lions, not too interesting..they were taking their afternoon nap, the lions I mean. Emmy spent most of the time in her stroller out of the sun because mommy forgot her hat. We had a picnic lunch with Ethan, Maddy's friend from church, and Tasha, Ethan's mommy. Maddy and I got to pet a snake, a turtle and a bunny. It was a great day. I'm so happy that I got to spend time with my whole family all together. We don't get to do that very often. I think Adam had fun too. He didn't say too much about it but I know he enjoyed watching Maddy have so much fun. He spent alot of the time seeking shade, and I don't blame him. All of us came away without sunburn, a major plus to the day. We have a family membership to the zoo, so anyone wanting to come visit or anyone who just wants to go to the zoo..let us know. We'd love to take you or go with you.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I wish I could come and go to the zoo with you, I love the zoo and we don't have one in Medford!
Post a Comment